- There is NO SCHOOL for students on Monday, January 15th in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- We will have 30 minutes to play board games on Tuesday as a monthly reward for school wide good behavior. Students are encouraged to bring in games from home to play with their classmates.
- Report cards will be coming home on Thursday, January 18th. Winter conferences will be held February 15th and 20th. Look for information about signing up for conference times in the coming weeks.
- In Reader's Workshop this week we will continue Unit 5. Comprehension skills in this unit include making connections to what we read and making inferences while we read. We will also continue responding to what we read by writing in our Response Journals.
- Double digit addition is the next unit in math. Students will be taught different strategies to use when solving these problems. Students should continue to work on mastery of the basic addition and subtraction skills. We encourage the students to review and practice math skills at home. See the websites link on this page.
- Math homework will be coming home every Tuesday.
- Students should return their second January At-Home Reading slip this week. The next slip will come home on Tuesday. Remember, students should read 15 minutes/day or a total of at least 75 minutes for the week. Students who return all four recording slips in the month will earn a prize.
- Word Work for this week will focus on words with the /ew/ sound spelled with oo, ew, ue, or ou. List words include: tooth, shoot, new, blew, blue, glue, you, youth, toothbrush, mushroom. Here is a link to a great website to practice our words for the week: http://www.spellingcity.com/sjbaldwin/
- We go to the media center to get new books on Tuesday. Each child can check out 4 books, two to take home and two to put in their book bins for reading in school. Please help your child remember to return books on Tuesday.
- We continue to review and practice our good Cardinal Code behaviors throughout the school settings. Many students are earning a lot of Cardinal coins for their great behavior! Our Cardinal Word of the month is Sharing.
- As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about your child or what is happening in our classroom. Good communication is so important for a successful school year for your child.