- Happening This Week:
- Grandparent's Day is on Monday, April 23rd, from 8:10-9:30. It will be a special time spent doing activities together.
- Our Casual Classroom Concert will be held this week on Thursday at 11:05 in the music room.
- Our second grade field trip will be on Wednesday, May 9th. We will be going to the Lower Sioux Interpretive Center. A permission form with all the details will be coming home on Monday.
- We are watching 2 newly hatched eagle chicks on a webcam. Here is a link to the website: http://mnbound.com/live-eagle-cam/
- Library and Math Homework are both on Tuesday.
- In Reader's Workshop this week we will complete Unit 9 with a Reader's Theater performance of Androcles and the Lion. We will also work on retesting skills from earlier in the year.
- We will begin a unit on algebra in math this week. Students will learn to solve unknowns in addition and subtraction equations. For example, "If 6 + y = 10, what is the value of y?" Students should continue to work on mastery of the basic addition and subtraction facts. We are using a new math practice site for fact fluency called Reflex Math. Here is a link to the website: https://www.reflexmath.com/
- Students should return their second STINGERS Reading slip this week. The third slip will come home on Monday. Remember, students should read 15 minutes/day or a total of at least 75 minutes for the week. Students who return all their recording slips in the month will earn a prize.
- Word Work for this week will include adjectives with the un- prefix. List words include: undo, unsafe, untrue, unwind, unfair, unhappy, unload, unfold, untie, unlock. Here is a link to a great website to practice our words for the week: http://www.spellingcity.com/sjbaldwin/
- We continue to review and practice our good Cardinal Code behaviors throughout the school settings. Many students are earning a lot of Cardinal coins for their great behavior! Our Cardinal Word of the month is Pride.
- As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about your child or what is happening in our classroom. Good communication is so important for a successful school year for your child.