Back To School
Dear Parents and Students:
Welcome to the High School! We are glad to have you and hope to assist in any way possible as you start the 2017-2018 year at Redwood Valley High School. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to contact any staff member, including myself.
Back to School Night will be on Thursday, August 17, 2017 from 6-8 p.m. Your class schedule will be available, as well as locker number and location, and homeroom advisor. Money may be deposited into your meal account during the evening if desired or your child may do this prior to classes during the school day. Padlocks ($6) and activity tickets ($20) will be sold this evening and will also be available during school days. The schedule for the night is:
6:00-6:10: Students/Parents Pick Up Class Schedules near the front door. (May also
pick-up anytime during the night if you arrive late).
6:10-6:40: Welcome and Introductions in the PAC
6:45-7:10: Meetings in Homerooms (See Student Schedule for Room Number)
7:15-8:00: Visit Teachers and Find Classrooms
Information will be presented to prepare you for your first day of class in the high school, as well as providing you an opportunity to ask questions. Teachers will be available in classrooms to provide class information and answer any questions you may have, as well as giving you an opportunity to meet them.
In an effort to streamline information and improve family access, a great deal of information will be posted on our website, at www.redwoodareaschools.com. (Click on “Schools,”and “Redwood Valley High School.” You should see a folder titled “Back to School”). It is important that you take some time to look over this information and ask questions. If you do not have internet access, you may stop in the high school office to obtain copies, or to request a form to have these materials mailed home.
It is important that you fill out the Family Online Permission Form. This year it will be on Skyward. Instructions to access the form are:
1) Log into your Skyward Parent Portal.
2) Locate the notification that reads "Online Registration is now open". Click/tap the "Go to Online Registration For ..." to access the form. Alternatively, click/tap the "Online Registration" button, and choose a child you will complete the form for.
3) Read through each statement. Click or tap each checkbox to agree to it, or choose from one of the given options.
4) At the bottom of the form, type in your name and date, then click the "Complete Step 1 Only" button.
5) To make any changes, click the "Edit Step 1" button at the bottom of the page to edit your responses.
6) When finished, click the "Next Step" button located towards the upper-right corner of the form.
7) Click the "Submit Online Registration" button to submit your registration.
8) Complete the same process for any remaining children.
If you have questions, do not have a login/password, or need assistance, contact the HS Office or there will be a lab available on Back to School Night.
Once again, if you have any questions, feel free to contact any staff member. I look forward to meeting you!