2018 - 2019 High School Registration
Registration for each year’s courses is a very important aspect of the high school
experience. It is important for students, with assistance from their parents and
counselors to carefully select the correct choices when registering. To assist students
and families in the Course Registration process, counselors will be presenting on the
registration process Monday, February 6th. The 8th Grade and 11th Grade presentation
will still be held in the PAC. A 9th and 10th grade presentations will be recorded and
sent out to families to view at home.
● 8th Grade Registration Presentation- Monday, Feb. 5th, 2018 at 5:30-6:15pm in the PAC
○ This will be an introduction to High School for all incoming 2017-2018
Freshmen. Students and Parents will learn about courses offered at RVHS,
graduation requirements and tips for making the most of their high school
Powerpoint from the meeting
● 11th Grade Registration Presentation- Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 at 5:30-6:15pm in the PAC
○ The 11th grade presentation will focus on planning for students senior year
and beyond. Students will learn about course offering available only to
seniors as well as the importance of taking courses matching future career
plans. Juniors are encouraged to think about their future career plans
when selecting courses.
Powerpoint from the meeting
● 9th and 10th Grade Registration- Virtual Presentation
Quick Tips for Registration:
● Take Responsibility - Although deans, teachers, principals, and professionals inPlease contact a counselor with any additional questions.
your field of interest can help with advice in choosing courses, THE FINAL
RESPONSIBILITY FOR COURSE SELECTION RESTS ENTIRELY WITH
STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS OR GUARDIANS. Registration is a big task.
Take your time reading, learning, and planning for the best possible high school
● Ask Questions - If in doubt about anything, ASK.
● Alternates Matter - Every effort is made to give students the courses they desire.
However, due to course enrollment and staffing availability, students may not
receive every class they choose. Please be sure to make alternate course selections
in order of preference.
Students & Parents:
RVHS 2018 - 2019 registration guides are now available for you to view online. Select the registration that applies to your student(s). If you have any questions please feel free to contact a school counselor. Counselors will be available during conferences for your assistance. Carefully look through the registration guide. It is critical that each student plans accordingly for their future post secondary/career goals.
While registering for courses students often stop in the high school office for certain forms. We now have the needed forms below. Click the form you need, print, fill out and turn back into the office! If you have any questions please see a counselor.
Please contact one of the school counselors if you have questions.
The School Counselors