Novemeber 12th - November 16th
CONFERENCES ARE THIS Monday NOVEMBER 12TH FROM 3:45-7:00
THIS WEEKS SPELLING WORDS:
star, start, shark, yard, hard, bark, charm, harvest, party, postcard
- During our Reading time we started a new unit working on Sequencing. Students will be determining the order of events in a story. They will be recognizing key words such as first, then next, and finally. Students will also have an independent work station where they complete work daily and a read to self station. Students will continue working on reading books appropriate for their level and taking AR tests on those books. This week we will be taking our main idea assessment as well!
- During reading, we will also be working on responding to read alouds. Students will listen to me read a story and then they will respond to different questions about the read aloud. This is a great way for students to start practicing writing full complete sentences.
- During Math, we will be working on place value. Students will be working on numbers to the thousands. Students will be working on ID'ing the ones, tens, hundreds and thousands place. They will also be comparing numbers and working on identifying what each digit stands for! Please continue to work on this with your child at home!
- On Tuesday students will receive math homework. Math homework will differ between the unit we are currently working on, number sense and fact practice. Students should complete independently (to the best of their ability) and bring back to school the following day. This is a great way for students to practice responsibility.
- During our Writing Workshop we will continue working on our Personal Narrative. Students will be using something that has happened in their lives to create a personal narrative. We have started generating ideas and making sentences to create our story.
- During social studies students will be learning about thanksgiving. We will talk about the importance of the first thanksgiving and who was there.
- During science we have started our liquid, solid and gas unit!