The mission of Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is to strengthen families through the education and support of all parents in providing the best possible environment for the healthy growth and development of their children. ECFE is a program for all families with children ages birth to Kindergarten. Parents are a child’s first and most significant teachers and ECFE provides support to all parents during these very important early years of development.
• To support parents in their efforts to raise happy, healthy children who are likely to reach their full potential.
• To offer information on parenting, stages of development, and skill development.
• To create effective communication between parents and children.
• To promote a positive environment for parents and children and supplement their learning experiences.
• To create a sense of belonging and camaraderie for parents and children.
Redwood Area ECFE offers:
- Weekly Parent/Child classes for 0 – 5 year olds and parents (evening classes)
- Special one-time events
- Field Trips
- Kindergarten Connection for children entering Kindergarten the following fall
Early Childhood Family Education classes provide opportunities for parents and children to come to school together. Parent/child interaction time, parent discussion, and child activity time with peers are all a part of an ECFE class experience.
Evening classes meet weekly for six week sessions. The ECFE classrooms are located at the Reede Gray School. For more information, call the ECFE office at 507-644-8939.
Spring 2019 Classes will begin March 11, 2019